It is very simple to install AT&T TV on Smart TV. All you need to do is find out the correct model number of your TV and then download the application into your system. You can also check for the availability of AT&T TV at your nearest Best Buy Store.
It is possible to download and set up AT&T TV on a Smart TV without buying any streaming device (box), but not every smart television will work with the application. There are limitations when installing this app that can be inconvenient at times due to restrictions depending on where you live or which cable service provider provides them in your area.
Any television that is “Wi-Fi Ready” or has built-in Wi-Fi support will allow you to access AT&T TV directly through your smart TV. The AT&T U verse app can be used on any television with internet connectivity.
AT&T TV APP is available for the following devices:
- Samsung TV
- Android TV
- VIZIO TV
- LG TV
- Hisense TV
- Apple TV (1st and 2nd generation)
- DirecTV receiver and DirecTV NOW receiver.
- Chromecast, Chromecast Ultra, or another Google Cast Ready device.
- Fire TV player or Fire TV Stick
- Roku Express,
Make sure your device is compatible with AT&T and has high-speed internet. Even if you don’t own a TV, there are alternatives to installing the app on one so long as they meet these requirements, of course! You can use screen share or cast through laptops/smartphones to stream content via mobile devices for those who aren’t able to due to restrictions.
What TV Operating Systems are supported to install AT&T App?
AT&T TV supports the following operating systems to download and install:
Roku, Tizen, and Android TV are the most popular Smart TV operating systems that support AT&T’s app. Unfortunately for LG users, there is no mention of WebOS or Vizio SmartCast OS on their website, so we cannot install them yet. However, since these two software platforms run on Linux based system, you can stream using screen share from your phone/tablet, which will be helpful when traveling without WiFi connections available locally.
How to Cast AT&T TV on LG Smart TV Using PC?
AT&T TV is a streaming service provided by AT&T which enables you to watch live and on-demand TV shows, movies, news, sports, comedy, and kids’ content. You will need an internet connection to enjoy the service.
- Connect your PC and LG Smart TV to the same WiFi network by following these steps: Open Settings on both devices (PC or Television). Select WiFi from the menu that pops up. Now click more option under Local Network for connecting automatically with available networks.
- Now, open your web browser of choice and visit the AT&T website. You can get there by going to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox on PC/Macs. Just enter “https://www.att.com/” hit Enter when finished typing, so everything is captured inside brackets.
- The three-dot icon will take you to your account. Once there, click on “Sign In” and enter the credentials of a valid email address.
- Now go through this simple process: select “Cast” from the menu drop-down, choose what type of devices will be able to see it (Lg Smart TV, Samsung, etc.),
- Now you can easily watch your favorite movies, TV shows, etc.
- General Troubleshooting Steps for Streaming on AT&T TV:
- Make sure the “casting” function of the AT&T app is turned on. Otherwise, it will just play locally through your device instead of casting on the TV. Also, make sure you are signed in with your cable provider so you can access all the content right away.
- Every Smart TV is different, but there are some common steps to consider for troubleshooting, whether because of internet/network connectivity or driver updates needed on PC, or hardware incompatibility issues.
How to Cast AT&T TV on LG Smart TV Using Android Phone/Tablet?
If you are an AT&T customer and want to watch live or on-demand content using your LG Smart TV? But don’t know how to cast AT&T TV on LG Smart TV using a smartphone? Then don’t worry. Just follow the steps below, you will be able to cast AT&T TV on your LG Smart TV easily.
- Turn on your Android phone and turn on your TV. Make sure your TV and phone are connected to the same network.
- Download and install the SmartShare app on your Android phone or tablet from Google Play Store. You can download it here.
- Open the SmartShare app, select TV from the next screen, and choose AT&T from the list of devices. If you don’t see AT&T on the list, make sure your LG Smart TV and Android phone or tablet are connected to the same wireless network.
- Select the app for which you want to cast content and you should be able to see all of your available TVs listed.
- Click on the “Connect” button next to your TV name.
- Once you are connected, click on the “Play” button to stream media content from your phone to your TV.
- That’s it! You have successfully cast AT&T TV on LG Smart TV using an Android phone or tablet.
If you want, then you can also change the video quality of the content gear.
Just open the SmartShare app and click on the button next to your connected TV. On the settings page, you will see the available video quality options such as 1080p, 720p, normal. Select any of them and enjoy streaming content on your LG Smart TV. You can also check Epix Now.
I can’t stream the content on my TV using the SmartShare app, what should I do?
If you are facing this issue then make sure that your LG Smart TV and Android phone or tablet are connected to the same wireless network. If everything is fine and there is no interruption in the network connection, then try restarting both devices (TV and phone) and then try streaming the content again.
My phone is connected but no content is displayed on the TV?
If nothing happens when you press the Connect button, then you will have to set up your TV for streaming.
I can connect my phone to the TV but no content is being displayed on the TV?
If this issue persists even after restarting both devices (TV and phone), then try resetting your SmartShare app settings. To do so, go to Settings > Apps > SmartShare > Clear data.
I can’t switch between apps on my TV after streaming content, what should I do?
If you are not able to switch between different apps then try disconnecting the devices, restart both devices (TV and phone), and then connect them again.
In this article, we have provided you with a step-by-step guide on how to cast AT&T TV on LG Smart TV using an Android phone or tablet. If you are facing any issues while streaming content, then do let us know by commenting below. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Stay tuned for more such tutorials.